Along the way several people have been kind enough to nominate me for blogging awards and as you may know there are things to do do accept them. Until now I have not had enough time to accept them, but I haven’t forgotten you or your kindness in nominating me.
My solution is to accept them here. I will try to complete the requirements as a whole. I hope you will forgive me if it isn’t quite exact.
In an odd twist, one of the awards is the new one I just created myself that has no requirements, so Gerty, ‘Thank you!’ your kind words and encouragement always make me feel good about myself and I appreciate your support. You can check out Gerty’s blog ‘Paradise has Mosquitoes’, here.
Many thanks to Korea, Love & Longing for nominating me for the Reader Appreciation Award. Happily accepted. Sorry it took so long!!
Here are the answers to the questions you asked.
1. Your favourite colour: Its a close toss up between red and yellow. Different days you will get different answers. The exact shade makes a difference and I am not fond of them together – they remind me of fast food that way. We all know what I’m talking about!
2. Your favourite animal: Exotic Animal: Tiger. I love them for their exquisite markings. Bird: Pelican. Any animal that can store its lunch in its mouth for later is just plain efficient. No messing around there. Australian Animal: Wombat aka Mini bulldozer. If you haven’t read the picture book Diary of a Wombat by Jackie French. Go do it now. I’ll wait until you get back until I continue.
3. Your favourite non-alcoholic drink: Pineapple juice with lemonade. What can I say, I like pineapple.
4. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook. I am on Twitter but don’t really use it. Although Facebook is fast annoying me with the increase in advertising and clogging up my feed with pages I haven’t liked. If it wasn’t such a good social networker I would leave it now. They know that. Thats why they are commercialising now that it has become a way of life.
5. Your favourite pattern: Um, are we talking texture or sewing? I am partial to the pants pattern I use to sew my boys pants and shorts and I quite like stripes???
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents: I like both, but I find it frustrating. I can never find exactly what I want.
7. Your favourite number: 3
8. Your favourite day of the week – Saturday. Its the start of the weekend and I know I’ll have my husband home for a couple of days!
9. Your favourite flower – I like the old fashioned charm of the David Austin Roses.
10. What is your passion – Educating my children in a way that will impact the world in a positive way. Capturing their journey in still photography.
My thanks also to Beadstork for her nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Graciously accepted and again, sorry for the delay!!
Here are 7 random facts about myself:
1. I am technically challenged. I can work out most things as I go, but it doesn’t seem to matter what I do the information leaves my head as quickly as it entered leaving me to start from scratch again.
2. I like baking. Generally things that aren’t good for me.
3. I like fruit in salad. Think pear, apple or mango.
4. I am qualified as a Homoeopath and Graphic Designer and was midway through a Psychology degree when I decided to put my education on hold to have a family.
5. I love dancing. I do acrobatic pole dancing and have also done belly dancing and ballet (both classical and jazz).
6. If I had lots of money I would have heaps of kids.
7. My first attempt at photography in High School was so bad that I was turned off photography other than family snaps until last year (2012). What did I take a photo of that was so bad? A stone snake ornament for the garden. It was horrible.
Finally thank you to iamtwixietops for her nomination for the Liebster Award. Again, I have been thinking I needed to get to this, but just haven’t been able to get to it until now!
I am going to um, bend the rules slightly here. As I have just stated 7 facts about myself I will add another 4 to make up the required 11.
+1. I am addicted to Alchemy Chai Syrup.
+2. I enjoy all of the conception, production and editing of photos. I could do it all day everyday!
+3. I wish I could live on a country property near the city. I need the city to learn things like pole dancing, but I love the space of the country. I like to look outside and see nature not concrete.
4+. I am physically affected thinking about spiders. I don’t like them. Even though I know that they are good for the garden and I am happy for them to live out there if I can’t see them (ostrich theory applies here), I can’t deal with them in my house. If I find one I make my husband catch it and relocate it to our neighbours garden (the one neighbour who won’t talk to anyone across the street). I was given a special long arm thing to catch spiders safely for Christmas and just looking at it gave me the willys when I thought about what it was for. Its now in the kids toy box.
Here are the answers to the questions left for me to answer:
- What is your greatest dream? to live out a long and happy life with my husband and children (its working so far!)
- Who is your favorite teacher and why did you like him/her? I had a teacher in Primary School called Mrs Stanley. I was smaller than the other kids and had trouble doing the same physical activities as I was younger than most. She gave me personal encouragement to achieve goals. I remember her kindness. She was lost to cancer years ago.
- If you are to meet one celebrity who would that be and why? I’m not much into celebrity. Does the Dalai Lama count? I think he has a great view of the world. If you can still feel compassion in the midst of unfair treatment then you are on my most highly repsected list.
- Who is your most valued Role Model and why? I would have to say my husband. He is better than me in every way. He is also the opposite of me in everyway. He shows me the other side of any given situation. He is giving, loving, patient and full of energy.
- Black or White? White.
- Coffee or Tea? Tea. Religiously. Every morning and night. Preferably Chai, but Lady Grey or even normal tea will do.
- Heart or Mind? I think one exclusively of the other is dangerous. A combination with balance is the only option.
- Who is the most important person in your life now and why? My children. I would move mountains for them if need be.
- If you are to pick one scenario in your childhood days that made an impact in your life what would it be? My positive experiences of Christmas as a child has practically turned me into a Christmas elf. And now anyone who comes into my world is in turn Christmaserised!
- What is your perfect date? Something relaxing. Fish and chips by the river and a walk in the warm breeze with a dip at the end.
- Who is your best friend and what makes him/her the best of them? My husband is my best friend. He is the best because he accepts me faults and all.
The Blogs I Love to Read In No Particular Order:
Life, Photography & Other Mistakes
Richard Tulloch’s LIFE ON THE ROAD
I would like to say that this list is by no means extensive. I check in with many blogs for different reasons and I enjoy them all. These are 10 of the photography blogs I follow. I love their photography and the effort that clearly goes into constructing a well thought out and beautiful blog.
I will nominate each of them for an award, but it will be The Clements Award because I just want them to have it. Irrelevant of whether or not they decide to link to me they deserve recognition for their efforts. Congratulations.
WHAT A MARATHON! If you made it to the end type ‘pickles’ in the comments (just to confuse people – naughty me, I must be delirious from typing)!